Today was the day of our performance!
We started the morning by setting up the space and doing a Tech run which I think everyone was getting quite stressed with, but this allowed us time to go over our individual parts within the piece and make sure we were comfortable with the running order and choreography.
When we started the full tech run, I was finding it difficult to concentrate as the clients were been abit talkative. We had a group chat and explained how this is a professional show with an audience and we really need to make sure we have a good run through before hand.
I thought we needed to space out abit more and everyone seemed to take to this very well and the run through started to come along smoothly. Before the performance Matthew sat us down and gave us notes so that we could improve. He explained how we need to project our voices and also be spatially aware. These notes definitely helped within the performance as everyone took them on board and things were alot clearer.
It was very emotional after the performance because we would probably never see our client group again I've learnt so much working with these people such as adapting myself and making sure I find a balance. It has cvhanged my perception deeply of Young Offenders nd that they are really nice people just with different backgrounds to us. I'd really love to work with these people again as the work we have created has been so empowering! These people are so uniquely talented and what makes it even more beautiful is that they don't even realise it!
Overall I feel like our community project was extremely successful and will stay as positive memories with all of us!
When we started the full tech run, I was finding it difficult to concentrate as the clients were been abit talkative. We had a group chat and explained how this is a professional show with an audience and we really need to make sure we have a good run through before hand.
I thought we needed to space out abit more and everyone seemed to take to this very well and the run through started to come along smoothly. Before the performance Matthew sat us down and gave us notes so that we could improve. He explained how we need to project our voices and also be spatially aware. These notes definitely helped within the performance as everyone took them on board and things were alot clearer.
It was very emotional after the performance because we would probably never see our client group again I've learnt so much working with these people such as adapting myself and making sure I find a balance. It has cvhanged my perception deeply of Young Offenders nd that they are really nice people just with different backgrounds to us. I'd really love to work with these people again as the work we have created has been so empowering! These people are so uniquely talented and what makes it even more beautiful is that they don't even realise it!
Overall I feel like our community project was extremely successful and will stay as positive memories with all of us!
Here are some videos of our community group....
AND CLICK THIS LINK TO SEE OUR FINAL SONG IN THE PERFORMANCE.
No comments:
Post a Comment